Leanne Pilkington is one of the most influential and experienced personalities of the Australian property industry. She has over 35 years of experience in all aspects of real estate.
It’s a great time to have her in the show as a lot of changes are underway in how the properties are being sold and used. It’s also the time to learn from her exactly what’s coming ahead!
Leanne is the Managing Director of Laing+Simmons, the leading boutique real estate franchise network in New South Wales. She is also the President of the Real Estate Institute of New South Wales (REINSW). REINSW is the largest professional association for real estate agents and property professionals in Australia. Real estate is a $107 billion industry annually in NSW.
Leanne is also the co-founder of the Real Women in Real Estate (RWIRE) networking group that grew from 65 to 800 members in just 2 years. She also holds a podcast show titled Courageous Conversations where she interviews real state leaders, authors, and influencers on how they rose above life challenges.
She has also won prestigious industry awards including Gold AREA award as the Most Influential Woman in the Property Market, REB Thought Leader for 2017, and a finalist in Telstra and Optus Business Women awards.
In this episode, the conversation ranges across quite a broad spectrum of topics from women in real-estate to CRMs available for the business in real-estate.
Leanne shares with us about the adoption of the technology, data, and analytics in the real estate industry and how the industry is using data to help the customers and run the businesses.
She and Jason also dwell into how Leanne is actually using the data to build her own audience and subsequently drive the business.
- What’s the state of women participation in business and what are the challenges they face?
- How the industry is adopting technology and the effects of Covid-19
- What’s the overall situation of the real-estate arena right now
- What are the major types and sources of data that the community uses for business intelligence
- How individual buyers can access and use the data to make better buying decisions
- What are the challenges for creating a centralized shared database for the industry?
- Challenges and shortcomings of the available CRM platforms for the industry
The most important key takeaway for anyone who is listening to this episode is that the data and the statistic that Leanne is assessing today is effectively available to all other real estate agents in the country as well. But what really matters is how you make use of the data and how you’re using this data for your marketing and to increase your exposure. Subsequently to reach the audience that could benefit your business.
In that regard, Leanne certainly does a really great job by using exactly the same data that is available to anyone else for running her business and marketing.
Listen to the episode to learn how you can do the same!
More links about the guest
What is one book that she would gift to her younger self:
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time
In the News: