What does digital transformation mean for your business? When can you call that transformation complete? Or is it a process that keeps moving and improving?
There are so many things to ponder about when we think of digital transformation for businesses, let’s get into the crux of the matter and get some very important aspects sorted out from one of the leaders in the field of business transformation and data analytics – Ashish Saxena.
Ashish has been working with leading organisations for more than 20 years and helping their digital transformation and business analytics efforts for moving the business forward.
He is currently working as the Principal of Digital Business at Cognizant, one of the most admired Fortune 500 companies, where he has previously worked as the Leader & Head of Digital Analytics Centre of Excellence and Leader & Head of Digital Transformation / Analytics. As the Head of Digital Analytics Centre of Excellence, Ashish did something wonderful – he grew the Digital & Marketing Analytics practice from the grounds up to $8+ Million with a 45+ member team.
Before joining Cognizant, Ashish has worked with other big giants such as HP and DHL. At DHL, his innovative tools and solutions brought home revenue of more than €2.5 million a year from Asia Pacific alone.
In this episode, Ashish shares with us a lot about digital transformation and some of the key lessons that he has learned over the years in helping organizations transform and generate unique and alternative revenue models using digital transformation.
Some of the key points of discussion are:
- How to make the digital transformation successful.
- Why data has the most important role to play in the journey of digital transformation.
- How to keep your focus on the right kind of data
- Why you should always start small with clear business use cases and how to tie the data to these business use cases so that you always deliver some quick wins in order to prove the value before you go on and embark on a bigger project.
- Why it is important to understand your customers and how to apply the human-centred design with your understanding of the customers.
- How this approach would be applicable to integrating the online and offline worlds.
- What the future looks like for the field of data science. Hint: There will be only three types of professionals.
This is really an important episode if you are the organization that’s going through or about to go into a journey of digital transformation and want to integrate your offline world with the online world. This is really the episode not to miss.
Have a question for Ashish Saxena and Jason? Leave your voice message here at: https://anchor.fm/analyticsshow/message
More links about the guest
- What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- The Bhagavad Gita