Sudhir Mishra has been working in the banking industry since 2005.
His banker journey began in India as a Manager at the Cooperative Bank of India. Now he is working as the Executive Manager at Westpac Group, recognised as Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
At Westpac, Sudhir is leading a team of Senior Managers across program management, data & analytics, tech partners, architecture, change management and offshore/onshore vendors to deliver digital business transformation and change agenda covering Customer/Banker behavioural insights, Operational Excellence & Process Re-engineering, Technology Simplification/Automation, Continuous Improvement, Data Monetisation and Sales Force Optimisation, helping improve bankers performance as well as customer experience
Few of his selected defining achievements are –
- Creating a Digital Retail Bank Customer Management and Reporting Application/Engine (My World) with Single view of Customer at individual and portfolio level, Relationship Journey, Contact Management capability, automated workflows, triggers and propensity models, to help branch, virtual and contact center bankers be even more productive and work collaboratively in understanding their key customer cohorts, identify opportunities for proactively contacting them and retain ‘at risk’ ones. It also includes surfacing customer insights and delivering to bankers, enabling channels to build strong relationships with both new and existing customers. It is a key tool supporting Westpac Group Brands Customer Engagement Strategy
- Customer Acquisition and Retention contact strategy at the bank working directly with GMs and Heads of Retail/Premium banking across all brands, states, and customer care centres of the Westpac Group
Above were change managed across over 900+ branches covering all 4 Westpac Group brands and 10K+ bankers to embed the application and op rhythm.
Sudhir is passionate about helping organisations on their digital transformation journey with a data-driven approach. He takes on optimising people, process, technology, data insights and customer experience to create the most effective mix.
In this episode, Sudhir shares with our audience:
- How he and his team developed analytics tools helping bankers deliver better customer experience for retail customers.
- Why many digital transformation projects fail. Hint: being too ambitious.
- Challenges of the banking industry.
- Factors contributing to a successful digital transformation for any organisation.
- Why you should always strive to be closer to the ground realities while implementing data solutions.
- What are the aspects of creating a seamless customer journey the financial services industry can learn from the tech companies.
- Dynamics of the tech companies, like Google or Facebook, entering into the financial services.
- Impacts of neo-banking organisations.
- How to develop organisational culture where everybody feels safe and contributions are appreciated.
Finally, one thing that you should not miss is how you can balance between your legacy systems and digital transformation initiatives.
More links about the guest
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie