Jonas Christensen is the Director of Analytics at Taylor Fry. He is passionate about helping businesses to grow with advanced analytics and data-driven decision making.
Taylor Fry is an advanced analytics and actuarial consulting firm operating across private and government industries. The company helps the government, private businesses, and regulators use advanced analytics to better manage their financial health, customer engagement, pricing, and risk management.
From a very young age, Jonas realised in him the energy towards innovation and constant improvement. As a professional, that’s what he has been doing for over 15 years with his skills and expertise in data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
He believes that these data technologies will be as revolutionary in the coming days as the personal computing revolution has been for the last 40 or so years.
Before joining Taylor Fry, Jonas was the Head of Analytics at ME Bank. He was responsible for revenue growth, product performance, and customer experience by combining data analytics, finance, and marketing expertise.
Apart from that, his experience ranges across the banking, finance, and corporate sector in various other high-level positions in different organisations. He is a former lecturer in finance at Deakin University.
He also co-founded his company Bike Chaser, an online marketplace for bicycle products, in 2014.
Jonas holds a Masters of International Finance and a Masters of Accounting from Deakin University as well as a Bachelor of Economics and Business Administration from Copenhagen Business School.
In this exclusive episode, Jonas goes all-out into revealing all the secrets of successful digital transformation and implementation of corporate analytics.
The interview starts with Jonas and Jason sharing their experience of building digital marketplaces for bicycle and accessories.
Then it moves through all these and much more:
- Challenges and use of analytics in building digital marketplaces.
- Learning from the digital marketplace endeavours that are transferred into corporate projects.
- They also share a bit of all the wonders a cyclist gets out of the meditative experience of cycling.
- The importance of learning to work with the algorithms upon which most of the digital marketing processes depend.
- Using content marketing and putting human value into your business through storytelling.
- How data and analytics should advance its position from advising the business to running the business.
- How to start building the analytics platform as a traditional business.
- How digital transformation relates to data-driven customer experience and both work together to strengthen the business bottom line.
- Jonas shares with us his new and exciting theory of how a new technology must touch the executives and top leadership of an organization at first to truly get implemented in the business
- Few tips for analytics professionals and consultants for growing their career.
- Why analytics and corporate strategy should work in an integrated fashion and ultimately connect with improving the customer experience.
- Some crucial project management and task prioritization tips and tricks for creating a distraction-free environment for your analytics team.
- Last but not the least Jonas also gives us a sneak peek into his upcoming book Demystifying AI for the Enterprise.
You can surely see that you will miss a lot if you miss this episode. So, don’t miss it!
Also, share with your colleagues and friends who are into all things digital and analytics.
More links about the guest
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- Mindset, Dr Carol Dweck
In the News: