Ben Nichols is the Head of Product at IMS, Inc. Based in Liverpool, New York, IMS, Inc. is a fully integrated service provider of Conversational AI, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Payments, Print, Electronic, and Mobile Communications.
Ben is also an Adjunct Professor of Data Science at Syracuse University, where he conducts lectures on Natural Language Processing, Database Design, and Scripting for Data Science.
Prior to that, Ben was Senior Director of Customer Insights at CB4, an AI tool that helps retailers uncover and fix the costliest in-store issues.
At CB4, Ben led a team of insights managers, sales solution architects, and data engineers who were responsible for multi-million dollar customer retention, customer upsells, and fulfilling new revenue goals.
Before CB4, Ben worked in multiple data intelligence and business analytics roles at organisations like IBM and Morgan Stanley.
In this exclusive episode, Ben Nichols shares with us the following aspects of his life and career:
- Talking from his past experience, he shares with us his views on the differences between working at a large organization vs working at a startup.
- He also explains a few pros and cons for each scenario.
- The state of the sync between academia and the industry in terms of developing data talents.
- What are the challenges that academia faces in this regard?
- How conversational AI and hyper-automation technologies are being used in the financial sector.
- What are the real-life benefits the credit unions and community banks are getting from this technology?
- How other industries can also use and benefit from these same tools and technology.
- Ben also shares his philosophy on product development and management and why we always need to see the bigger picture.
- What are the current capabilities of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and chatbots
- How cross-channel integration can be fostered using NLP for enhanced customer experience.
- What are the avenues of NLP Beyond chatbots?
If you are a senior executive working on utilizing NLP technologies for enhancing your customer experience, or if you are an engineer working in analytics product development and management, this is the episode you should not miss!
More links about the guest
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren