Sue-Anne Lim is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Trapper, a leading marketing and media agency in Malaysia. Trapper helps clients grow their business exponentially through innovative and integrated solutions. The company has full-scale digital marketing and data analytics capabilities to serve its clients.
At Trapper, Sue-Anne recently led the rebranding of the company from Trapper Media Services to Trapper to signify a company-wide brand transformation that centres on a growth culture.
Previously, Sue-Anne was the managing director of CLEAR Kuala Lumpur, a global strategy consultancy specialising in unlocking growth via business, brand, experience and innovation design.
She was also the Managing Partner at United & Free Co. and Chief Data & Strategy Officer at Dentsu Aegis Network.
Sue-Anne has over 20 years of experience in marketing planning, strategic planning, business planning, strategy development, research, and social discovery.
Sue-Anne has a bachelor degree in creative advertising, marketing and advertising and a professional certificate in business analytics and big data from Harvard Business School. She also has recently completed her Master of Science in Psychology.
Sue-Anne has published thought-leading articles and spoke in industry events on digital disruption in Asia.
In this episode, Sue-Anne shares with us some in-depth wisdom from her holistic experience in the world of marketing and advertising.
- The crucial aspects of media buying both for the traditional and the digital media spaces.
- Importance of balancing the brand positioning with the performance marketing efforts.
- How organizations should balance the available traditional and digital channels and tools to achieve the desired impact in the long run.
- What’s Adwork.io and how the platform is democratizing the traditional media buying landscape.
- How Adwork.io has made the process of media buying significantly easier for businesses.
- What are the dangers that one should avoid while making media buying decisions?
- Importance of having a holistic view from the start to the end in terms of goals and objectives.
- Here comes the experience of the marketer and the advertiser into the picture.
- How to make sure that your marketing spend is justified.
- The place of data science, AI, and analytics in the marketing and advertising world.
If you are a senior executive thinking about how you should be dividing your marketing spend between traditional and digital media, this episode is highly recommended for you.
Find out the best ways to achieve market penetration using the best of both worlds!
More links about the guest
What is one book that she would gift to her younger self:
- Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman and Chris Yeh
In the News: