Anu Kukar is the Associate Partner – Cyber Security Strategy, Risk & Compliance ANZ at IBM. She leads the ANZ Cyber Security – Strategy, Risk & Compliance team for the critical infrastructure sectors. IBM is a multinational company focused on hybrid-cloud and Data & AI, operating in over 170 countries.
Anu is also the Director of Arascina that helps organisations and professional associations through upskilling, reskilling and cross-skilling services.
Anu has over 20 years of experience in both industry and consulting in various executive roles, specialising in cyber, data, technology and third-party risk, governance & compliance.
She held many leadership positions in risk management, data and technology risk and compliance at organisations like Deloitte Australia, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac Group, KPMG Australia, Latitude Financial Services and others.
She is also an internationally acclaimed keynote speaker at 49+ industry conferences in 9 countries. She has co-authored five publications globally and across Australia in artificial intelligence, emerging technologies and third party/supply chain risk management.
She is a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAANZ), holds a B Commerce in Accounting and Information Systems (UNSW), and holds certifications in Data Science (Berkeley), AI, ML & Automation (MIT) and Cyber Risk (HarvardX).
In this episode, Anu shares with us:
- The story of her career progression – how she gradually grew in her career and finally moved into data analytics and AI.
- How all the different professional experiences have helped her and enabled her to have a well-rounded and holistic professional life.
- All that you need to know about data security and risk management.
- The framework of 3 Us of data risk management.
- How can you use that framework in your organisation?
- How can data leaders safeguard their data?
- The risk management framework to prepare for future risk.
- What are the core principles of building a modern risk resilient organisation?
- How you can upskill the employees in adopting new emerging tech.
- The risks of not upskilling your employees in this age of digital disruption.
If you are a senior leader or data leader wanting to incorporate new emerging technologies in your organisation, you must listen to Anu to find out how you can manage all the risks related to the emerging tech and prepare for the future risks as well.
More links about the guest
Events and Publications: