Rachel Fojtik Directs Business Engagement for Data & Digital Solutions at Mater Health Services and is Managing Director at Data Literate by Design.
Mater Health Services has an extensive network of hospitals, health centres, and related businesses across Queensland. Mater Hospitals have played a key role in the provision of healthcare in Queensland since 1906.
On the other hand, Data Literate by Design helps organisations develop and implement their data literacy strategy by focussing on Culture, Capability and Communication
Rachel is currently responsible for Business Engagement in Mater’s Data and Digital Solutions team, with a key focus on the engagement of businesspeople in using data effectively to make decisions. In this function, Rachel is working towards the organisational goal of becoming data-driven, by being the interface with businesspeople and clinicians, by providing training around data, and by setting up communities of practice where employees across the organisation interested in analytics can collaborate.
Rachel was previously the Director of Analytics and Performance at Mater. In this role, she
implemented Mater’s first hub and spoke model for data and analytics, enabling people all around the business to develop the analysis tools they required. Other achievements in this function include implementing an end to end data analysis platform and managing a high performing team.
Before Mater, Rachel coordinated and set up a number of end-to-end data and analytics platforms, and best practice data standards in organisations such as Citi, CS Energy and Queensland Health.
In this exclusive episode, Rachel shares with us some thought-provoking tips and strategies on data literacy, data storytelling, and engagement building between businesspeople and digital teams.
Here are the key focus areas of the interview:
- How to increase data literacy in any organisation.
- What data literacy means for a business and the impact of data literacy when all the people within your organisation understand the use of data.
- Tips and strategies on how you can increase the use of data and help the organisation to become more data-driven
- How to train and upskill your team members on data literacy.
- Some of the challenges you might face while increasing the adoption of data technologies
- Rachel also shares some of the work she has been doing at Mater Health Services.
- Literacy and engagement in the use of data analytics in the healthcare industry.
- The mindset and approach in the use of data in health care vs. commercial sectors.
- How to use data to tell more about your organization and infuse data in storytelling
- The impact of storytelling on the overall business performance.
If you are in the executive management team in the healthcare industry trying to understand how to increase data literacy and the use of data in your organization, this is the episode you should not miss!
More links about the guest
What is one book that she would gift to her younger self:
- Talk Like TED by Carmine Gallo
- DataStory: Explain Data and Inspire Action Through Story by Nancy Duarte
Presentations and Events: