Eran Vanounou is the CEO of Varada, a data lake acceleration platform that enables business users and data platform teams to seamlessly carry out analytics directly on their cloud data lake without compromising on query performance. It’s all about agility and flexibility — No need to move data or model it to get any insights that you may need.
Varada enables the fastest time big data analytics ensuring the fastest possible business analytics and quickest go-to-market time. It offers the perfect balance between performance, scalability, time to market, and cost.
Varada CEO Eran has over 20+ years of extensive experience in developing and running technology businesses. He is passionate about the effective blend of technology, people, and business dynamics to unleash incredible results.
Before joining Varada, Eran has held various leadership roles in companies like LivePerson, NICE, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and other leading software and technology companies.
At LivePerson, Eran led a worldwide team that developed and took to market LiveEngage, the world’s leading cloud platform, supporting over 2 billion consumers and generating over $200 million annually.
In this episode, Eran shares all about data lake analytics and how you should be performing your analytics directly into data lakes to speed up your business performance.
Here are the key points of discussion of this exclusive episode:
- Why did Eran decide to transition from large MNCs to the startup ecosystem in his career?
- How was his journey of this transition?
- Eran also shares some valuable advice for executives wanting to follow this path and looking to take the risk of joining startups.
- What is data lake analytics, and what does it mean for your data analytics platforms.
- How can your data engineering teams and business teams take advantage of data lakes?
- As we are collecting more data than ever before, data lakes are also becoming more important than ever before.
- The way we should look at the modern data architecture in terms of using data lakes and warehouses.
- When and how to take advantage of both data lake and warehouse.
- Importance of having a data warehouse as well as the drawbacks of data warehousing.
- The shortcoming of data warehouses is exactly why it has become increasingly more important to apply analytics directly into data lakes.
- How data lake analytics speeds up the performance of analytics and provides faster and more precise insights.
- The technology and infrastructure required to make data lake analytics possible.
- How Varada carries out the indexing of underlying extremely large data sets for improved performance.
If you are a data leader frustrated with the performance of your data lakes and want to find out how you should be structuring your data lake and data warehouse, this is the episode you should not miss!
More links about the guest
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore
Interviews and Events
In the News: