Anastasia Leng is the founder and CEO of CreativeX, an AI-based creative analytics company.
Creativex is doing some truly out-of-the-box data analytics to blend the creative aspects of marketing and data science together. By analyzing creativity at scale, the CreativeX technology aims to advance creative expression through the clarity of data. The company has been helping the world’s most loved and biggest Fortune 500 brands, including Unilever, Mondelez, Heineken, ABI, Google, and more.
Anastasia is also the Co-Founder and CEO of Hatch.co, which was named one of TimeOut’s Best New Shopping Sites and one of Time Magazine’s Top NY Startups in 2014.
Before founding her own companies, Anastasia was Google’s New Business Development Manager for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). She was responsible for leading new business development initiatives, new product incubation, and exploratory efforts. At Google, she has worked on nearly all ad tech and analytics products from Google, led entrepreneurship efforts, and fostered partnerships for Google Voice, Chrome Web Store, and Wallet.
Anastasia was named #2 on 30 Under 30 Most Important Women in Tech by Business Insider in 2013.
In this exclusive episode, the discussion starts with the topic of building a distributed team and remote working.
- Anastasia shares her learning from the experience of building up their second office, which is in New York.
- How building a remote team opens up the pool of talents that one can access.
- How Anastasia started CreativeX. And, it is quite a story!
- It started when they tried to solve an internal problem of finding out the best performing creative and why it performed so well.
- Armed with this deep understanding of the problems many marketers and eCommerce face, Anastasia pivoted to start developing CreativeX.
- She also shares in-depth details about creative analytics, which is bringing a data-driven and analytics approach into your digital creative assets.
- How creative analytics can act as a layer of quality control on your millions of creative assets, where knowledge is shared and consistency is across the board.
- Creative analytics also cross-checks with other data points of performance advertising such as CPC, CPM, and CTR.
- With creative analytics, you can take the guesswork out of your marketing assets and pass on those learnings to everyone.
Whether you’re a digital marketing agency or working as an in house marketer and designer, this is the episode you must consider to improve your creative workflow. If you’re a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) with a global or regional presence, where brand consistency across multiple jurisdictions is a priority, consider reaching out to Anastasia and CreativeX as they have a solution for your problems.
More links about the guest
What is one book that she would gift to her younger self:
- The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
In the News:
Talks, Interviews, and Podcasts:
Related episodes to learn more:
- E74 – Nick Yang – Art of Data-Driven Marketing in Fintech
- E65 – Sue-Anne Lim – Interoperating Branding, Advertising and Marketing with Data Science
- E59 – Sakhee Dheer – Data-Driven Marketing – Marketing “Marketing” to Marketers
- E9 – Peter Gurrie – On the Power of Data and Analytics to Create Stellar Customer Experiences