If communication is key to running a successful business, then why do the different departments in a business fail to communicate? How many people go about their work day without knowing a single thing about what their co-workers are doing?
If communication really is key, then what can miscommunication do to a business?
Meet Sigal Pilli
Sigal’s Role as a Finance Leader at Seer Medical
Sigal Pilli is the Chief Financial Officer of Seer Medical, a creator of technology that revolutionises the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions. Their technology consists of wearable devices, a cloud platform and machine learning systems. These systems are at the core of their at-home video EEG monitoring and diagnostic service – the first of its kind.
At Envato, Sigal took part in structuring the financial department to integrate with other departments, merging data, finance and the diversity of views from around the table to ensure decisions are made well. As the CFO, Sigal’s role was to shine a light on points not considered by marketing and product.
Sigal’s Past Experiences in Finance
Sigal is also a Non-Executive Director at RateMyAgent Australia (ASX:RMY), Australia’s No. 1 real estate agent ratings and statistics website. Previously, Sigal held CFO and COO positions at industry-leading organizations like John Deere, Envato, Assembly Payments, and New Aim.
Sigal has decades of experience working in senior leadership roles in digital (e-commerce and SaaS), fintech, manufacturing, and engineering. Her expertise also includes acquisitions, integration, change management, and digital transformation. Over the years, she has built many large and complex financial and operational projects from scratch, including an effective, commercial and service-oriented finance function involving 40 professionals at Envato.
Uniting Finance and All Sides of the Business with Data and Analytics
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Sigal shares:
- About her volunteering experience and why she chose those organisations to volunteer for.
- How to avoid biases in hiring and managing female employees, especially for the STEM and tech industries.
- Her thoughts and experience in using data analytics in the areas of her work.
- Why making the most impact on an organisation with analytics is to focus on the revenue.
- Why finance is best suited for this work and how the overall organisation, including pricing, products and marketing department, can work with their finance team to make a sound decision that is forward-looking with a long term view.
- How to organise the financial department to work well with other departments in the organisation.
If you’re a CFO, and always intrigued about how you can move beyond financial control but modernise your department to play a bigger role in your organisation with your finance expertise, listening to Sigal and how she plays her roles in scaling and growing the company is highly recommended.
Find out more about Sigal
What is one book that she would gift to her younger self:
- Quiet by Susan Cain
In the News:
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E80 – Albert Ishak – Harmonising the Legacy Systems in Aviation Industry through Finance Automation
- E79 – Vishal Kapoor – How Real-World Data Analytics Empowers Precision Medicine
- E74 – Nick Yang – Art of Data-Driven Marketing in Fintech
- E73 – Katja Hanewald – From the Frontier of Population Ageing Research
Now a word from our sponsor…
This episode is sponsored by a new program at Data Driven Analytics. It’s an analytics leader mentorship program for senior managers and executives in the business team who want to develop a data-driven business to drive customer experience excellence. For a small one-off annual fee, you get to book an Unlimited Strategy Session for a Full Year. For more information about this program, please reach out to our host, Jason Tan.
Join our Dogecoin Giveaway!
Start your cryptocurrency journey without the risk of losing money, without the anxiety over figuring out how to start, and without the hassle over choosing from the plethora of cryptocurrencies out there. Join our giveaway now to stand a chance to win 1,000 Dogecoin, free!
Opens on the 24th of November: https://www.datadrivenanalytics.com.au/giveaway/