What is Smart Water Metering and what does it mean for sustainability across Australia? Is this the future of water conservation?
Enter into the movement of smart cities and have a look into a brighter future – one step at a time – with Steven Tye.
Meet Steven Tye
Steven’s Role as a Smart Water Utilities Leader at Tyeware
Steven Tye has been the Owner, Director, and Solutions Consultant at Tyeware for the past 14 years and counting. He has been involved in smart metering projects since 2011 and has experience working with over 50 water utilities on smart metering pilots and rollouts. Tyeware is an internationally recognized digital water metering & IoT solutions provider leading Australia’s IoT revolution in smarter water solutions for agriculture.
Data Science in Smart Water Metering Solution
They developed the MiWater and MyH2O systems for Mackay Regional Council and now partner with Taggles Systems for the Australian and international commercialisation of this software suite. MiWater processes, interprets and integrates data received from Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) to give utilities control and oversight over their water infrastructure, from the largest networks down to individual services. MiWater has assisted in identifying leaks totaling six billion litres of water, in turn, saving residents of the Mackay region hundreds of dollars every year. In addition, MiWater assisted in regulating water consumption among the town’s population, allowing the Mackay Regional Council to reach its goal of reducing annual water consumption by 10%.
Customer Experience and Telemex
More recently, Tyeware has developed “Telemex”, an industry-first integrated CRM, demand management and customer portal for water irrigation schemes. It includes the full management of water allocations, titles, transfers and changeovers, as well as meter management, scheme management and automated notifications. At the heart of Telemex is a customer portal used by water customers to lodge, manage and visualise the impact of water orders. Telemex builds on Tyeware’s expertise and innovation across the Australian water industry to cultivate water sustainability through customer-centric solutions.
Data Analytics and Smart Water
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Steven shares:
- His entrepreneurial journey and experience in growing a software business
- What a smart water metering solution is and why it plays a vital role in solving climate change
- Real-life examples of how utilities, local governments, and agriculture businesses use the solution in their own businesses
- The type of data collected for these solutions
- How analytics is used to identify water leakages and plans for infrastructure development
- How he started his journey in developing smart water metering solutions
- The challenges and advice in applying data analytics with a digital water metering solution
If you are in a C-suite position, working for a utility company or local council, and find yourself intrigued about how data science can assist you with infrastructure planning and engaging with your customers, this is the episode you do not want to miss out on.
Find out more about Steven
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- Master of One by Jordan Raynor
In the News:
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E78 – Stephen Fernando – Overcoming the Fear of Failure, Risk Management with Data Analytics
- E72 – Jyoti Lahiri – How a Modern CFO Uses Data Analytics for Decision Making
- E28 – Sanjit Dang – Investing in Artificial Intelligence for Tomorrow
- E2 – Dr. Warwick Graco – The Use of Data Science in Government
Now a word from our sponsor…
This episode is sponsored by a new program at Data Driven Analytics. It’s an analytics leader mentorship program for senior managers and executives in the business team who want to develop a data-driven business to drive customer experience excellence. For a small one-off annual fee, you get to book an Unlimited Strategy Session for a Full Year. For more information about this program, please reach out to our host, Jason Tan.
Join our Dogecoin Giveaway!
Start your cryptocurrency journey without the risk of losing money, without the anxiety over figuring out how to start, and without the hassle over choosing from the plethora of cryptocurrencies out there. Join our giveaway now to stand a chance to win 1,000 Dogecoin, free!